Gafacom offers free access to medical, health, pharmacology, pharmacognosy, anatomy and physiology, diet and nutrition and wellbeing information. We are dedicated at providing free yet reliable information to our site visitors from well trusted sources.
Diseases and conditions
- Varicella (chickenpox)A primary infection follows and is characterized by a flu-like syndrome with malaise, fever, and development of a pruritic maculopapular rash on the trunk, which becomes vesicular and then crusts.
- VAGINITIS types, causes and treatmentInflammation and infection of the vagina are common gynecologic complaints, resulting from a variety of pathogens, allergic reactions to vaginal contraceptives or other products, vaginal atrophy, or friction during coitus.
- CARCINOMA OF THE ENDOMETRIUMEndometrial cancer starts when cells in the endometrium (the inner lining of the uterus) start to grow out of control. Cells in nearly any part of the body can become cancer, and can spread to other parts of the body.
- LACILLIN® (Ampicillin preparations)Lacillin is indicated in the treatment of gastrointestinal, respiratory, systemic and urogenital infections caused by or associated with pathogens sensitive to ampicillin therapy. These infections include biliary-tract infections, bronchitis, endocarditis, epiglottitis, gonorrhea, listeriosis, meningitis, otitis media, peritonitis,
- DIALIN (Loperamide HCL 2mg)Dialin is used for the symptomatic treatment of acute diarrhea in adults and children aged 4 years and over. Dialin can also be used for symptomatic treatment of acute exacerbations of chronic diarrhea for periods of up to 5 days in adults and children over 12 years.
- 21st Century OSTEO Support (Vitamins+Minerals+Calcium)Consist of Calcium, Magnesium and Zinc, an important mineral trio plus D3, is crucial in growing new bone, maintaining bone damage to adults and strengthening bones.
Health and Well-being
- Look Out for Harmful Ingredients in Personal Care ProductsShampoo. Shaving cream. Deodorant. Makeup. Hair dye. Perfume and cologne. These and dozens of other products may be in your shower, gym bag, or medicine cabinet. But do you know what’s in them? Could any of their ingredients be risky for your health?
- Foods with high vitamin K contentVitamin K is a fat-soluble vitamin that comes in two forms — K1 (phylloquinone) and K2 (menaquinone). Vitamin K1, the most common form, is mainly found in plant foods, especially dark leafy greens. K2, on the other hand, is only found in animal foods and fermented plant foods, such as natto.
- What Are Pleural Disorders?Pleural disorders are conditions that affect the tissue that covers the outside of the lungs and lines the inside of your chest cavity. The tissue is called the pleura, and the thin space between its two layers is called the pleural space. A small amount of fluid fills the pleural space, and when you breathe in and out, this fluid helps the pleural layers glide smoothly against each other.
Anatomy and Physiology
- CricothyrotomyA cricothyrotomy is an incision made through the skin and cricothyroid membrane to establish a patent airway during certain life-threatening situations
- TracheotomyThe term “tracheotomy” refers to the incision into the trachea (windpipe) that forms a temporary or permanent opening, which is called a “tracheostomy,” however; the terms are sometimes used interchangeably.
- Brain mechanism of movementMotor neurons are the final common path to the muscles that move your bones. However, the brain has a major problem controlling the activity of these cells. Which muscles should it move to achieve any particular action, by how much, and in what order