Gafacom offers free access to medical, health, pharmacology, pharmacognosy, anatomy and physiology, diet and nutrition and wellbeing information. We are dedicated at providing free yet reliable information to our site visitors from well trusted sources.
- Acute angle-closure glaucomaAcute angle-closure glaucoma occurs when the flow of aqueous humour out of the eye is blocked and pressure inside the eye becomes too high very quickly. It is an emergency because if it is not treated quickly, it can lead to permanent loss of vision
- Bacterial KeratitisBacterial keratitis is an infection and inflammation of the cornea that cause pain, reduced vision, light sensitivity and tearing or discharge from the eye that can, in severe cases cause loss of vision
- Allergic Eye DiseaseAllergic eye disease is common and takes a number of different forms but all are expressions of atopy, which may also manifest as atopic asthma, atopic dermatitis, or allergic rhinitis.
- Peripheral Edema causes and treatmentMajor perturbations in this delicate homeostasis that favors net filtration out of the vascular space, or impaired return of fluid by lymphatics from the interstitial space, will result in edema.
- MP-CLOX® (Ampiclox)MP-CLOX® is indicated for treatment of infections due to susceptible organisms including biliary tract infections, bronchitis, endocarditis, respiratory tract infections, gastroenteritis (including Salmonella enteritis, Shigellosis)
- PREDILONE (Prednisolone)Prednisolone is a glucocorticoid given in the treatment of various disorders in which corticosteroids are indicated, except adrenal deficiency. It is indicated for states like bronchial asthma, severe hypersensitivity reactions, anaphylaxis, rheumatoid arthritis, systemic lupus erythematosus,
- ZOCON 150 (Fluconazole)ZOCON (Fluconazole) usually is fungistatic in action. ZOCON (Fluconazole) is active against many fungi, including yeast and dermatophytes. Fluconazole does not appear to have antibacterial activity.
- SHELGYL® (Metronidazole)Metronidazole is a Antiprotozoal, amoebicide indicated in amoebiasis, balantidiasis and Blastocystis hominis infection, giardiasis, dental infection, bacterial vaginosis and in sepsis due to anaerobic organisms such as Bacteroides spp