Multivitamin, coated tablets
The tablet combines the actions of vitamins, leading to the general well being of man.
Vitamin A is essential for normal vision in dim light
Thiamine is useful in carbohydrate metabolism, where it acts as a coenzyme in the conversion of glucose to energy.
Riboflavin is a coenzyme in the respirattory chain and in oxidattttttttive phosphorylation
Nicotinamide is a coenzyme in protein metabolism in reactions essential for tissue respiration
Vitamin C is essential for the synthesis of collagen and connective tissue and is involved in the healing of wounds
Vitamin D is essential for absorption of calcium and phosphate from the gastro-intestinal tract.
- Vitamin A acetate 2500 I.U
- Thiamine hydrochloride (Vit B1) 1.0 mg
- Riboflavin (Vit B2) 0.5 mg
- Nicotinamide 7.5mg
- Ascorbic acid (Vit C) 15mg
- Vitamin D3 250 I.U
Multivitamin tablets can be taken as dietary supplement daily to maintain adequate human requirements of vitamins for normal health. They also indicated in vitamin deficiencies characterized by the following
– Night blindness and early stages of xerophthalmia (Vit A deficiency)
– Beri-beri (Vit B1 deficiency)
– Ariboflavinosis (Vit B2 deficiency) characterised by “burning feet”, angular stomatitis, glossitis and reddened, shiny lips
– Rickets in children and osteomalacia in adults (Vit D deficiency)
– Scurvy (Vit C deficiency)
– Pellagra (Nicotinamide deficiency)
For adults and children over 12 years 1-2 tablets daily or as directed by the physician
Caution and adverse effects
Do not exceed the stated dose. Excessive dosage of vitamin A and D can lead to hypervitaminosis characterised by anorexia, nausea, vomiting, diarrhoea, weight loss, increased serum concentrations of calcium and phosphorus, pruritus, loss of hair, cracked and bleeding lips and dry skin.
Most of these effects subside on withdrawal of the drug.
Drug is manufactured by Elys Chemical Industries LTD