Children’s Delsym® Cough+® Sore Throat
Active ingredients (in each 10 mL)
- Acetaminophen 325 mg: Pain reliever/fever reducer
- Dextromethorphan HBr 10 mg: Cough suppressant
- cough due to minor throat and bronchial irritation as may occur with the common cold or inhaled irritants
- the intensity of coughing
- the impulse to cough to help your child get to sleep
- minor aches and pains
- sore throat
Temporarily reduces fever
Liver warning: This product contains acetaminophen. Severe liver damage may occur if your child takes:
- more than 5 doses in 24 hours, which is the maximum daily amount
- with other drugs containing acetaminophen
Allergy alert: Acetaminophen may cause severe skin reactions. Symptoms may include:
- skin reddening
If a skin reaction occurs, stop use and seek medical help right away.
Sore throat warning: If sore throat is severe, persists for more than 2 days, is accompanied or followed by fever, headache, rash, nausea, or vomiting, consult a doctor promptly.
Do not use
- with any other drug containing acetaminophen (prescription or nonprescription). If you are not sure whether a drug contains acetaminophen, ask a doctor or pharmacist.
- in a child who is taking a prescription monoamine oxidase inhibitor (MAOI) (certain drugs for depression, psychiatric, or emotional conditions, or Parkinson’s disease), or for 2 weeks after stopping the MAOI drug. If you do not know if your child’s prescription drug contains an MAOI, ask a doctor or pharmacist before giving this product.
Ask a doctor before use if the child has
- liver disease
- persistent or chronic cough such as occurs with asthma
- cough that occurs with too much phlegm (mucus)
Ask a doctor or pharmacist before use if the child is taking the blood thinning drug warfarin
When using this product do not use more than directed (see Overdose warning)
Stop use and ask a doctor if
- pain or cough gets worse or lasts more than 5 days
- fever gets worse or lasts more than 3 days
- redness or swelling is present
- new symptoms occur
- cough comes back or occurs with rash or headache that lasts. These could be signs of a serious condition.
Keep out of reach of children.
Taking more than the recommended dose (overdose) may cause liver damage. In case of overdose, get medical help or contact a Poison Control Center right away. Quick medical attention is critical even if you do not notice any signs or symptoms.
This product does not contain directions or complete warnings for adult use do not give more than directed (see Overdose warning)
- measure only with dosing cup provided
- do not use dosing cup with other products
- dose as follows or as directed by a doctor
- children 6 to under 12 years of age: 10 mL in dosing cup provided every 4 hours while symptoms last; do not give more than 5 doses in any 24-hour period
- children under 6 years of age: do not use
Each 10 mL contains: sodium 6 mg
Store at 20-25°C (68-77°F)
Do not refrigerate
Anhydrous citric acid, D&C yellow no. 10, edetate disodium, FD&C red no. 40, flavors, glycerin, propylene glycol, purified water, sodium benzoate, sorbitol, sucralose, xanthan gum
You may also report side effects to this phone number.