ENAT 400 (Natural Vitamin E)
The use of Vitamin E supplement is indicated for the prevention and treatment of vitamin E deficiency.
One capsule daily or as directed by a healthcare professional.
Vitamin E is an essential nutrient that function as an antioxidant in the human body. It protects cells and other body components from free radical attack. Oxidative damage resulting from free radical attack has been linked to the onset of premature aging, cancer, atherosclerosis, cataracts and array degenerative diseases. Vitamin E stimulates the immune response and appears to lessen the severity of prostaglandin-mediated disorders such as inflammation, premenstrual syndrome and circulatory irregularities (nocturnal leg cramps and blood platelet adhesion).
Vitamin E is usually well tolerated. Large doses may cause diarrhoea, abdominal pain, gastrointestinal disturbances, headache, blurred vision, flu-like symptoms and breast enlargement in males and females, tiredness and weakness.
- Hypoprothrombinemia due to Vitamin K deficiency.
- Sensitivity to Vitamin E
- Vitamin E may increase the effect of anti-coagullants, warfarin or indandione-type blood thinners. Vitamin E may also potentiate the action of aspirin to inhibit platelet aggregation.
- Vitamin E antagonizes the effects of vitamin K leading to increase in blood clotting time in predisposed patients.
- Vitamin E may impair the hematologic response to iron supplement.
- Oral contraceptives may increase vitamin E serum levels.
Storage: Store below 25ºc in a dry place, away from direct sunlight.