Composition in each gram contains
- Betamethasone dipropionate 0.64mg
- Clotrimazole 10mg
- Gentamicin sulfate 1mg (potency)
- Allergic and inflammatory dermatitis: acute and chronic eczema, contact dermatitis, atopic dermatitis, dermatitis seborrheica, lichen simplex chronicus, intertrigo, desquamative dermatitis, urticarial papulosa, psoriasis, pruritus (anus, pudenda), dermatitis solaris
- First degree burn
- Insect-bitten lesion
- Secondary bacterial infected dermatitis
- Dermatomycosis (trichophytia)
Dosage and administration
Small amount of Gentrisone cream should be applied to the lesion one to several times daily
Gentrisone cream is contraindicated as follows
- Tuberculosis of the skin, herpes simplex, varicella, herpes zoster, vaccine eruption, syphilis
- Patients with a history of hypersensitivity to this drug
- Eczematoid external auditory meatus inflammation with drum membrane perforation
- Ulcer (Bahcet’s disease), profound burn above the second degree (scald), chilblain
- Patients with a history of hypersensitivity to aminoglycosides antibiotics (streptomycin, kanamycin, gentamicin, neomycin etc.)
This drug contains propyleneglycol. The patient with a history of hypersensitivity or with a history of allergy to this component, should be administered with prudence
- Skin infection: Mycotic infection (candidiasis trichophytosis), bacterial infection (infectious impetigo, folliculitis) can occur. When these symptoms occur, especially in case of occlusive dressing, use together adequate antifungal agent or antibacterial agent and then the symptoms are not developed fast, discontinue use
- Other skin symptoms: in case of long-term administration, steroidal vulgaris (it is similar to acne vulgaris but induce white acnes), steroidal skin (skin atrophy, telangiectasia), steroidal rosacea namely dermatitis mouth surrounding (erythema, telangiectasia, crust, on mouth surrounding or occasionally full face), petechial, hypertrichosis, depigmentation may occur, when these symptoms occur, reduce amount and choose other drug without adrenal corticosteroids.
- Hypersensitivity: when irritation or rash occur, discontinue use.
- Pituitary, adrenal cortex: a large amount or long-term administration and occlusive dressing may inhibit the function of pituitary, adrenal cortex.
- Eye: in case or administration to eye lid can occur intra-ocular pressure acceleration, glaucoma. By a large amounts or long term administration and occlusive dressing, cataract and glaucoma may occur
- Super infection: occasionally infection of unsusceptible bacteria to this drug may occur, in this case, discontinue use.
There are no adequate and well-controlled studies in pregnant women on teratogenic effects from a topically applied combination of this drug. Therefore Gentrisone cream should be used during pregnancy only if the potential benefit justifies the potential risk to the fetus
It has been reported that growth retardation may occur by occlusive dressing in a large amount or for prolonged periods of time