Gynozol Vaginal Cream
Each 100g contains Miconazole nitrate 2gm, the broad spectrum antimycotic agent. This agent has a potent fungicidal activity against the common pathogenic fungi including Candida species (e.g. C. albians, C. glabrata and related species), yeasts, yeast-like organisms and dermatophytes such as Trichophyton, Microsporum and Epidermophyton species. Gynozol exerts its fungicidal effect through inhibition of ergosterol synthesis resulting in disruption of the integrity of cell membranes of sensitive fungi.
Gynozol also possesses bactericidal action against Gram-positive bacilli and cocci. Because of this broad spectrum activity, Gynozol is particularly useful in mixed vulvovaginal infections. Clinical studies have also evidence that miconazole nitrate is significantly more effective than nystatin in vulvovaginal candidiasis with rapid relief of symptoms such as burning sensation, pruritus and leucorrhea. The use of Gynozol vaginal cream is considered safe even during pregnancy as the released miconazole nitrate acts topically with poor absorption from the vagina.
- Vaginal and vulvovaginal infections caused by Candida (moniliasis) or other sensitive fungi.
- Vaginal mycoses secondarily infected by Gram-positive bacteria
- Mycotic balanitis (male partner)
- Leucorrhea with itching and burning sensation of the vulva, when candida or bacterial infection is suspected
Gynozol vaginal cream is well-tolerated.
Most frequently adverse reactions were local irritation, pruritus and burning sensation especially at the start of treatment. Complaints of pelvic cramping, skin rash have also been reported.
Gynozol vaginal cream is contraindicated in patients with known hypersensitivity to miconazole. Caution should be exercised when using Gynozol vaginal cream during pregnancy and lactation
Every evening for 1 week (a full applicator) is inserted deeply into the vagina. The entire treatment should be completed even when the symptoms disappear. Treatment should be continued during menstruation.
Direction for use
- To open the tube, unscrew the cap and use the back to pierce the aluminium sealing strip then fit the applicator to the top of the tube
- Press the tube end to bring the cream into the applicator. If the piston shows resistance, pull gently. Unless otherwise prescribed by the physician, the applicator should be completely filled.
- Remove the applicator from the tube and close the tube instantly with the cap
- While lying down, knees bent and spread apart, insert the filled applicator into vagina as deeply as possible. Press piston completely then remove applicator without pulling the piston.
- The applicator should be kept clean. Wash it carefully with soap and warm water.
- Preserve the applicator in a case or other clean packing