Acetaminophen, Dextromethorphan HBr, Guaifenesin, Phenylephrine HCl
Active ingredients (in each 20 mL)
- Acetaminophen 650 mg
- Dextromethorphan HBr 20 mg
- Guaifenesin 400 mg
- Phenylephrine HCl 10 mg
- Pain reliever/fever reducer
- Cough suppressant
- Nasal decongestant
Uses: temporarily relieves these common cold and flu symptoms:
- minor aches and pains
- sinus congestion and pressure
- cough due to minor throat and bronchial irritation
- nasal congestion
- sore throat
- temporarily promotes nasal and/or sinus drainage
- temporarily reduces fever
- helps loosen phlegm (mucus) and thin bronchial secretions to rid the bronchial passageways of bothersome mucus and make coughs more productive
Liver warning: This product contains acetaminophen. Severe liver damage may occur if you take more than 4,000 mg of acetaminophen in 24 hours
- with other drugs containing acetaminophen
- 3 or more alcoholic drinks every day while using this product
Allergy alert: Acetaminophen may cause severe skin reactions. Symptoms may include:
- skin reddening
If a skin reaction occurs, stop use and seek medical help right away.
Sore throat warning: If sore throat is severe, persists for more than 2 days, is accompanied or followed by fever, headache, rash, nausea, or vomiting, consult a doctor promptly.
Do not use
- with any other drug containing acetaminophen (prescription or nonprescription). If you are not sure whether a drug contains acetaminophen, ask a doctor or pharmacist.
- If you are now taking a prescription monoamine oxidase inhibitor (MAOI) (certain drugs for depression, psychiatric or emotional conditions, or Parkinson’s disease), or for 2 weeks after stopping the MAOI drug. If you do not know if your prescription drug contains an MAOI, ask a doctor or pharmacist before taking this product.
- If you have ever had an allergic reaction to this product or any of its ingredients
Ask a doctor before use if you have
- cough that occurs with too much phlegm (mucus)
- liver disease
- thyroid disease
- heart disease
- difficulty in urination due to enlargement of the prostate gland
- high blood pressure
- persistent or chronic cough such as occurs with smoking, asthma, chronic bronchitis, or emphysema
Ask a doctor or pharmacist before use if you are taking the blood thinning drug warfarin.
When using this product do not exceed recommended dosage.
Stop use and ask a doctor if
- pain, nasal congestion, or cough gets worse or lasts more than 7 days
- new symptoms occur
- nervousness, dizziness, or sleeplessness occur
- fever gets worse or lasts more than 3 days
- redness or swelling is present
- cough comes back or occurs with rash or headache that lasts. These could be signs of a serious condition.
If pregnant or breast-feeding, ask a health professional before use.
Keep out of reach of children.
In case of accidental overdose, get medical help or contact a Poison Control Center right away. Prompt medical attention is critical for adults as well as for children even if you do not notice any signs or symptoms.
- do not take more than directed
- do not take more than 6 doses in any 24-hour period
- mL = milliliter; FL OZ = fluid ounce
- use only enclosed dosing cup designed for use with this product. Do not use any other dosing device.
- adults and children 12 years and over: 20 mL in dosing cup provided every 4 hours
- children under 12 years: do not use
Each 20 mL contains: sodium 10 mg
Store at 25°C (77°F); excursions permitted between 15°-30°C (59°-86°F)
Inactive ingredients: anhydrous citric acid, FD&C blue #1, FD&C red #40, flavors, glycerin, polyethylene glycol, propylene glycol, purified water, sodium benzoate, sodium citrate dihydrate, sodium metabisulfite, sorbitol, sucralose
Questions or comments?