Active ingredient (in each 30 mL): Bismuth subsalicylate 525 mg
Purpose: Upset stomach reliever/Antidiarrheal
- travelers’ diarrhea
Upset stomach due to overindulgence in food and drink, including:
Reye’s syndrome: Children and teenagers who have or are recovering from chicken pox or flu-like symptoms ahould not use this product. When using this product, if changes in behavior with nausea and vomiting occur, consult a doctor because these symptoms could be an early sign of Reye’s syndrome, a rare but serious illness.
Allergy alert: Contains salicylate. Do not take if you are
- allergic to salicylates (including aspirin)
- taking other salicylate products
Do not use if you have
- an ulcer
- a bleeding problem
- bloody or black stool
Ask a doctor before use if you have
- mucus in the stool
Ask a doctor or pharmacist before use if you are taking any drug for
- anticoagulation (thinning the blood)
When using this product, a temporary, but harmless, darkening of the stool and/or tongue may occur.
Stop use and ask a doctor if
- symptoms get worse or last more than 2 days
- ringing in the ears or loss of hearing occurs
- diarrhea lasts more than 2 days
If pregnant or breast-feeding, ask a health professional before use.
Keep out of reach of children.
In case of overdose, get medical help or contact a Poison Control Center right away. (1-800-222-1222)
- mL = milliliter
- shake well before using
- measure only with dosing cup provided. Do not use any other dosing device.
- keep dosing cup with product
Adults and children 12 years and over
- 30 mL (1 dose) every 1/2 or 60 mL (2 doses) every hour as needed for diarrhea/traveler’s diarrhea
- 30 mL (1 dose) every 1/2 hour as needed for overindulgence (upset stomach, heartburn, indigestion, nausea)
- do not exceed 8 doses (240 mL) in 24 hours
- use until diarrhea stops but not more than 2 days
Children under 12 years of age: ask a doctor
Drink plenty of clear fluids to help prevent dehydration caused by diarrhea
Each 30 mL contains: sodium 11 mg
Each 30 mL contains: salicylate 206 mg
Protect from freezing
Avoid excessive heat (over 104ºF or 40ºC)
Benzoic acid, D&C red #22, D&C red #28, flavor, glycerin, purified water, sucralose, xanthan gum
Questions or comments?
Call 1-877-753-3935 Monday-Friday 9AM-5PM EST